Who we are
PLASTA is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected in accordance with the requirements of the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). You can be assured that any information we request will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
PLASTA may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 12th May 2020.
What data do we collect
We collect the following information:
- Personal Identification Information - name, email address, mobile number (optional)
- Employer/Membership details from other organisations (if applicable) - BAPRAS and GMC membership numbers, National Training Number, training region, grade, student ID number, university and planned graduation year.
We do not store any payment details. All required payments are processed off site (i.e. not on the PLASTA website platform). Members using payment platforms that PLASTA desginate are encouraged to read the respective website/platform's terms and conditions before supplying personal / financial details to them for processing. PLASTA shall not be held liable for any loss or damage incurred due to failure to protect these details by these websites or platforms as outlined in our terms and conditions.
How do we collect your data
You directly provide PLASTA with most of the data we collect. We collect and store this data when you:
- register online with PLASTA or contact us directly to enact a sign-up on your behalf
- Voluntarily complete surveys or provide feedback for PLASTA related services
- Use or view our website via your browser's cookies
- Enroll at specific events that PLASTA are attending - such as conferences and meetings
- Sign up to PLASTA via BAPRAS (British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons
What we do with the information we gather
By providing us with your data, this allows us to:
- Undertake internal record keeping and manage your membership. This includes verifying of your eligibilty for certain membership levels (the information you provide may be divulged to appropriate other services in order for this to be done - as outlined in our terms & conditions).
- Use the information to improve our products and services.
- Periodically send emails about new products/services/events or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided - only if you have signed up to our email mailing list.
- Use your information to contact you for our own research purposes and any membership issues (email or telephone).
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Where do we store your data
Your data is stored on our secure member database held within our website. This is password protected. Only specific members of the exectutive committee and elected persons to help with memberships have access to this data. This also includes our website supplier/designer - Lightmedia (website link in footer).
Our electronic mailing list is provided by Mailchimp (www.mailchimp.com). By signing up to our mailing list (by selecting the specific tickbox on our signup form, or by contacting us directly to approve/alter your preferences on your behalf), you agree to Mailchimp's terms & conditions.
We will keep your data until you no longer wish to be or are eligible to be a member of PLASTA. Termination of your membership is outlined in our terms and conditions.
What are your data protection rights
PLASTA would like to make sure that you are fully aware of your data protection rights.
The right to access - you have the right to request copies of your personal data.
The right to rectification - you have the right to request that PLASTA correct any information you believe to be inaccurate or incomplete.
The right to erasure - you have the right to request that PLASTA erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing - you have the right to request that PLASTA restrict processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing - you have the right to object processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability - you have the right to request that PLASTA transfer the data we have collected to another organisation and or directly to you, under certain conditions.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. The cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
If you would like to contact PLASTA:
Post: PLASTA at BAPRAS, 35-43 Lincoln's Inn Fields, London, WC2A 3PE.